Is Amazon Prime Worth the Price? It costs $99 a year. Keep reading to find out if it’s a good fit for you and your family.
Amazon Prime offers a number of benefits,
- 2 Day Shipping– One of the biggest perks to Amazon Prime is their advertised two day shipping, it’s free with your membership! Doesn’t get much better than that, or does it? Note: For your order to qualify for Amazon Prime you must see the below image to qualify. The great thing is, if you shop online often and don’t want to spend a “minimum” amount to qualify for free shipping, this is perfect for you.
- Photo Storage: Amazon Prime members get unlimited photo storage and 5 GB of storage for videos, document, and other files for themselves and up to 5 additional people through the Family Vault. You can view your photos anywhere. The normal price of Amazon photo storage without a prime membership is: 100 GB for $11.99 per year or 1TB for $59.99 per year. You can even pay to have your images printed on multiple items or order single prints if you choose.
- Lightning Deal Access: Be the first to get access to the best Amazon prime deals! You know those deals go fast, so get them while you can.
- Amazon Prime Day: Amazon Prime Day is basically a day full of Lightning Deals. IT’S AWESOME. They have deep discounts on everything from electronics to baby items, and more.
- Amazon Music: Stream or download music on Amazon Music. They have a collection of 2 million songs to choose from with your Amazon Prime account. You can choose a song to listen to, select a playlist, and listen from multiple devices. Interested in more music? Check out Amazon Music Unlimited; you can listen to ANY song ANY where. Get the individual plan for $7.99 per month or $79 per year for prime member. ($9.99 per month for non prime members) or select the family plan for $14.99 per month (this includes 6 members to stream music at once).
- Free MP3 versions to cd or vinyl: This is called Auto Rip. Once you purchase a CD or Vinyl you will instantly receive the version in your music library. This is for select music only.
- Prime Reading: Get free books, magazines, and audiobooks with your prime membership. You can also read from any device, anywhere you please. This is a great option for those that have the Kindle and are looking to load it with some reading material.
- Free Samples: Choose any sample box you please. You pay for the box, then you receive equal credit back for a future purchases of items in that specific category. You can choose from health boxes to beauty products and everything in between.
- Dash: Dash is a replenishment service. Press the button and your order will be sent to Amazon. This is great for items you have to replenish often such as; paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent, and more. Each Dash button is only $4.99. However, after you register your Dash button you receive a $4.99 credit added to your account.
- No Rush Shipping credit:If you don’t need your Amazon order right away you can select, ” No Rush Shipping” at checkout. Then you will either get an immediate discount or a reward credit will be added to your account.
- Prime Pantry: Pay $5.99 for your Amazon Pantry box, and get your goods sent directly to you and avoid the grocery store. Usually arrives in one to four business days. You can find deals, coupons and more.
- Same day and one day delivery: What’s better than free two day shipping? Same day or one day delivery! Check here to see if you qualify based on your zip code. First you search for the item you want, then you choose same day or one day. Orders under $35 are $5.99 per order for Same-Day Delivery, or as low as $2.99 per item for One-Day Shipping. For non-Prime members, Same-Day Delivery and One-Day Shipping are available with additional fees.
- Prime Now: If you’re one of lucky people who qualify for Prime Now, I envy you. You can get a variety of items including groceries, delivered directly to you in one hour or less! Click here, to see if your area qualifies.
- 20% on diapers + MORE with amazon family: With a subscription to the diapers of your choice you can save 20%! You can also save on baby food (excludes formula) and more. You must subscribe to 5 items to save 20%. Note: 5 items may seem like a lot to subscribe to, however these items are typically used often. It’s best to save 20% and get the items sent directly to you. You can also subscribe to paper products, and more.
- 6 months of prime free for students: Sign up for Amazon Prime Student and receive a free 6 month prime trial. Once your trial ends you can get Amazon Prime for only $49.00 a year. That’s half off your membership and you still get all of the great Prime benefits. Sign up here.
- New realeases
- Amazon Video: Get free movies, and TVs shows with your Prime membership. You’ll have access to Amazon Exclusives and you can’t rent or buy new releases.
- 20% on video games: With twitch prim you can save on physical video games when you pre-order. Discount is taken at checkout. Twitch Prime is a new set of Amazon Prime benefits created for gamers and users of Twitch, the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers. It features a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot, premium experience on Twitch that includes ad-free viewing, and a free Twitch channel subscription every 30 days, plus discounts on pre-order physical games on Amazon. Gamers and Twitch fans can get all the benefits of Twitch Prime by starting an Amazon Prime free 30-day trial, and Amazon Prime members can unlock their Twitch Prime benefits by linking their Prime accounts to Twitch.
- Audio Books: Sign up for the Audible free trial and receive to audio books for free (if you’re a Prime member, all audio books are free of charge). Audible is normally $60 per year. However, it’s free to Amazon Prime members.
- 5% off with Amazon Store Card: If you have an Amazon Store Card you can opt for 5% off your purchase OR you can get 0% financing for 6 months. TIP: The best way to save money here is by choosing 5% off your purchase and paying off the balance before you incur interest charges. Special financing rates available on purchases of $149 and up. You can also opt for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card and get 5% back on Amazon purchases, and Whole Foods. 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drug stores. Get 1% back on all other purchases.
- Share your membership: Prime members can share certain benefits with the other adult in their Amazon Household, including FREE Prime Shipping, Prime Video, Photos Family Vault, Twitch Prime, other digital benefits, and exclusive offers. Click here to learn more about sharing your membership.
Is Amazon Prime worth the price? If you utilize a number of these benefits then it’s 100% worth the price. Also, if you only use it for free shipping it can also be worth it.
Why I like Amazon Prime for shipping: Usually when shopping online I’m trying to meet the minimum amount required to get free shipping. In turn I end up spending more than I planned on. Without Amazon Prime you must spend $25 to get free shipping.
So, is Amazon Prime worth the price for you?