Spring break is right around the corner! Already, I know! We just finished Christmas and now the kids will be home for another week.. get ready for the dreaded, “I’m bored”. Here’s five spring break activities to keep the kids (and yourself) occupied this spring break.
1. Go to the Library: Yes, the library. It’s quiet, it’s free, and you can find something for yourself there too. Most libraries even have movies to check out, and sometimes video games. Why pay RedBox when you can get a free movie!
2. Go to the park: Get the kids outside to enjoy some fresh air. You can even bring that book you just got from the library. To spice things up a little, have a picnic. You can also bring some friends, or make new ones.
3. Go to the beach (if you can): If your close to the beach this spring break, pack up the family and make a day of it. Pack a cooler, some snacks, kick back and enjoy the sunshine. If you aren’t close to the beach try your closest river or lake.
4. Camping: Pack up the family and head out for a camping trip. It’s nice to get out and disconnect from the world for a bit. Bring the dog, bring some friends, and enjoy the great outdoors. Be sure to check the weather before heading off on your camping excursion.
5. Cook together: Kids are constantly asking if they can help. Why not get them in the kitchen and cook a meal together. Not into cooking a meal? Bake some cookies or a cake. Make sure you have all the ingredients before you begin.
These 5 spring break activities are sure to save some money this year while spending quality time with your family. Making memories isn’t about how much money you spent on a holiday, it’s about spending time with the ones you love.
Do you have any activities planned this Spring Break? Let us know, we are always looking for new ideas.